SchoolBenchmarker™ helps you identify benchmark schools so that you can
- Set achievable academic targets based on demonstrated best-in-class performance.
- Discover the practices that high performing, similar schools use to achieve their best-in-class performance.
SchoolBenchmarker™ is especially useful for facilitating data-driven conversations regarding the setting of school and grade-level improvement targets in the era of teacher and principal accountability for student performance. In simple terms, SchoolBenchmarker™ lets school leaders know
- How well their schools are doing.
- How much they could improve.
- Where they can go to find out how to improve.
Find your potential benchmarks now by typing the name of your New York State school into the live “Enter school…” box to the right or by going to the full SchoolBenchmarker™ site. The app is extraordinarily simple to use.
Rave user reviews
“SchoolBenchmarker™ is fantastic! In a few minutes, I can get the benchmarking information it took my district a month to get last year working on our own!”
– Mark P. Mondanaro, Superintendent of Schools, Kenmore-Town of Tonawanda UFSD
“SchoolBenchmarker™ is great! I love that it is so simple to use. In seconds my administrators can get the benchmarking information they’ve been asking for — information that would take an experienced database expert days or more to prepare.”
– Cheryl Lyn Covell, Data Analyst, Tompkins Seneca Tioga BOCES
“SchoolBenchmarker™ is an awesome tool! Within minutes, I found two phenomenal benchmarks. I believe we will be able to learn a lot from these schools and will be contacting them very soon.”
– Terry Dougherty, Superintendent, Hancock Central School District
Optimized for the iPad® and iPhone®
SchoolBenchmarker™ is optimized for use with the iPad®, iPhone® and other mobile platforms, such as Android devices. It is also optimized for use with modern web browsers such as Firefox, Chrome and Internet Explorer 9. The app is designed and developed for Cornell University’s New York State Center for Rural Schools and includes all public schools in New York State outside of New York City.
For more information or to discuss how to make SchoolBenchmarker™ available in your state or big city, contact us.
For information about benchmarking, see Benchmarking as a school improvement tool.